1) What is your very first memory?
Going to a Bolton Wanderers game with my grandparents. I was too small to see the pitch but I remember having fun jumping up on the seat.
2) What were you doing before you joined Purple WiFi?
I was working for an Electronic Marketing company who specialised in Web Design, SEO and Mobile App development. It really opened my eyes to the possibilities of using technology as an engagement tool.
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
That’s easy – a footballer and football manager. There’s a bit of a theme running here isn’t there?
4) Do you have a nickname?
The guys at Purple have been calling me Jacko ever since I arrived.
5) Describe your role at Purple in one sentence
Supporting our partners to be awesome, to embrace change and to win!
6) What do you like about working here?
I’ve always loved technology and to be working at one of the world’s hottest technology companies really is a dream come true. It’s great to feel like you’re part of something special.
7) What’s your best achievement so far at Purple? (what are you proud of?)
Supporting Wood Green Animal Charity as a Purple customer and inducting over a hundred new partners come into the new Partner Programmes.
8) How would your co-workers describe you?
Hard working, driven and supportive.
9) Who has made you laugh today?
Weirdly the thing that makes me laugh the most is hearing Jamie’s laugh. It’s like a cross between Homer Simpson’s giggle and school girl. Also Dave makes me laugh pretty much every day.
10) What quality do you most admire in others?
11) Which person has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
No question my Dad. He’s always taught me to trust my instinct, to work hard and to smile 🙂
12) What’s your biggest regret?
I’ve made plenty of mistakes but I genuinely have no regrets.
13) What do you like to do in your spare time?
Adventures with my girlfriend, fun with my friends and of course watching and playing football. I also love reading, generally autobiographies or business books.
14) What is your favourite film?
15) What makes you happy?
Achieving my goals and spending time with the people I love.
16) What gift would you like to receive if money was no object?
A converted barn house with a football pitch in the garden.
17) Which cause are you most passionate about?
Making sure the benefits of technology reach as many people as possible.
18) If you’re in trouble, who would you call?
I’m not great at calling for help but probably my best mate Pete.
19) If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
The ability to influence others would be very useful. If that makes me sound like a bit meglomaniac then I’ll settle for time travel.
20) Finally, how would you spend a day with no access to technology?
Anywhere nice and sunny, with some good friends and a good book.