Woking Town Centre case study
Purple have teamed up with Arcom IT to provide services to C2i Woking Digital and Woking Shopping (managers of Peacocks and Wolsey Place Shopping Centres).
Together the partnership has delivered:
– Seamless, fast and free WiFi across the town centre
– A mobile analytics platform for smart marketing campaigns
Average usage time per person
Increase in WiFi users month on month
Of logins since installation
- To realise C2i Woking Digital’s vision of making Woking a key economic and digital hub in the south-west of London, attracting new businesses and retailers.
- To provide fast, free WiFi access across the whole of Woking town centre.
- To create one secure login to the Public WiFi anywhere in the centre and to minimise the need to log on and off disparate networks (e.g. coffee shops).
- To deliver targeted marketing and promotions through a secure online system, allowing businesses to book advertising on the WiFi in hourly slots.
Threefold user growth, month on month
Since October there has been a three times increase in the number of users of the WiFi network, month on month. Woking are now seeing numbers in the thousands, when initially we were looking at hundreds of logins. This demonstrates that word of mouth is spreading about the excellent WiFi provision.
Logging on for 2 hours at a time
The average time spent on the WiFi by user varies widely from 78 minutes to 118 minutes – nearly 2 hours. The variance relates to indoor vs outdoor environment – when indoor, people are spending longer connected. However on the whole the numbers have enabled the partnership to see the real opportunity for communication with those users.