1) What is your very first memory?
Princess Diana and Prince Charles Wedding, I was 5 years old and I remember having a big union jack flag outside our house and people were taking pictures of it, I also remember having a street party.
2) What was the name of your first pet?
Suzy, a tortoiseshell cat, she lived until she was 16.
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to own my own sweet shop so I could eat sweets as often as I wanted, I often laugh about this with my children now! Anyone who knows me well knows I still love sweets, I always have a bag of them in my drawer.
4) Do you have a nickname?
Helbel, H and Stoney.
5) Describe your role at Purple in one sentence
Full on, exciting and I love it.
6) What do you like about working here?
I love the variety in my day and being responsible for a wide range of teams (Sales operations, training and customer support), I love the people, and being part of such an exciting product in the industry
7) What’s your best achievement so far at Purple? (what are you proud of?)
Being successful with a tender I worked very hard on when I first started at the company for David Lloyd Gyms.
8) How would your co-workers describe you?
Calm, professional, reliable and hard working (I hope).
9) Who has made you laugh today?
Quite a few actually, Collette, Kerry, Simon, Eric and Dave – Dave makes me giggle every day without even trying.
10) What quality do you most admire in others?
Honesty, loyalty and Intelligence.
11) Which person has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
My dad, he has taught me the important things in life, he is very wise, considerate, trustworthy, kind hearted, and always puts everyone’s needs before his own, he has taught me to do the same. He also introduced and inspired me with music (brass bands) which has been and still is a big part of my life.
12) What’s your biggest regret?
I dont have any, although I got the opportunity to move to New Zealand 13 years ago and didn’t go through with it. I often wonder what I would be doing if I would have gone down that path.
13) What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spend time with my husband and 2 children. Having 2 boys aged 7 and 12 is a full time job in itself, they keep me very busy with all their sports activities such as cricket, golf, football, swimming and music lessons. I do like to run 2 or 3 times a week as this clears my head at the end of a busy day and keeps me fit.
14) What is your favourite film?
I have two, Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing.
15) What makes you happy?
Making my children happy and proud of me.
16) What gift would you like to receive if money was no object?
My mortgage paid off! But seriously ,I would like my family to be happy and healthy forever.
17) Which cause are you most passionate about?
Cruelty to children, I just don’t understand why.
18) If you’re in trouble, who would you call?
My husband, my dad or my best friend – whoever picked up the phone first
19) If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
Immortality, the power to never age and recover from any illness or injury.
20) Finally, how would you spend a day with no access to technology?
With my family in our holiday home in Anglesey – as this has no wifi access!!!! So I do this quite often, just having fun on the beach, playing games and relaxing.