1) What is your very first memory?
I remember vividly going with my Dad when he went to buy a new car. My parents still can’t believe I remember it as I was only 2 yrs old.
2) What were you doing before you joined Purple WiFi?
I worked for a large UK telecoms distributor.
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A professional skateboarder.
4) Do you have a nickname?
I have several but the one that seems to have stuck at Purple WiFi is ‘Alan’ (from The Hangover)
5) Describe your role at Purple in one sentence
It is a very varied role that is interesting, keeps me very busy and I get to meet lots of really clever and innovative people.
6) What do you like about working here?
The product is really great to talk about and I love the reaction you get when you show someone what we do for the first time. Its great to see people genuinely blown away with what we can do.
7) What’s your best achievement so far at Purple? (what are you proud of?)
I think just being here at a time when we were shaping the future direction of the company, being part of our go to market strategy and seeing how far we have come.
8) How would your co-workers describe you?
Grumpy but fun to be around, or maybe just grumpy!
9) Who has made you laugh today?
Probably everyone in sales at some point today. There’s a lot of funny personalities at Purple WiFi.
10) What quality do you most admire in others?
People who are prepared to take risks to get what they want. I’m quite risk averse so admire it in others when they succeed.
11) Which person has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
I would say, at the risk of making everyone sick, my wife. We have been together for over 20 years, since we were 18. She has worked really hard to train me into being the man I am today.
12) What’s your biggest regret?
Not travelling more when I was young and not being more inclined to take risks.
13) What do you like to do in your spare time?
I go to a lot of gigs and festivals and I love going camping with my wife and daughter.
14) What is your favourite film?
A tough one but it is either Trading Places or Ghost Busters. I gave up trying to look cool with my film choices ages ago.
15) What makes you happy?
Spending time with my wife and daughter. Oh, and food.
16) What gift would you like to receive if money was no object?
A clone of myself to harness for parts as I get old.
17) Which cause are you most passionate about?
I donate money to Cancer Research and the British Red Cross
18) If you’re in trouble, who would you call?
19) If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
The ability to stop time so I could keep my inbox up to date.
20) Finally, how would you spend a day with no access to technology?
Sleeping and eating