Purple is pleased to announce a new integration with Microsoft Dynamics, the intelligent cloud platform that enables businesses to unify CRM and ERP capabilities.
Microsoft Dynamics delivers a modern approach to business applications, helping businesses unify data and relationships, build intelligence into decision making, and achieve better results.
The new integration has been designed to make it as easy as possible for Purple and Microsoft Dynamics users to connect the two data sources and enrich their customer insights; helping them better understand their customers and drive more meaningful, personalized engagement.
So, how does it work?
When a customer authenticates onto a Purple enabled WiFi network, their name, gender, hometown, date of birth and contact information will be automatically synced with the Dynamics platform.
- Real-time transfer of data between platforms
- System checks for duplicates before creating a new user profile
- Existing customer information will be automatically updated
- GDPR compliant – if a user unsubscribes from marketing communications in Purple, they will be automatically unsubscribed in the Dynamics platform
- A constant, real-time flow of new contacts; ensuring your CRM is up-to-date and rich with customer data
- Ability to use Dynamics customer journey flow to welcome all new visitors instantly; ensuring you never miss an opportunity to engage with a customer again
- Create more complete customer profiles; enabling you to drill down and target specific demographics
Getting set up:
In the Purple Portal, click Management > Connectors, from the left navigation. Then select Microsoft Dynamics.
Here you will be required to enter:
- Campaign Name
- Your Microsoft Dynamics username
- Your Microsoft Dynamics password
- Resource URL
- Client ID
- Client Secret
The Resource URL can be located when logged into Microsoft Dynamics. If you select Marketing from the home page, this will generate a new URL that you can copy and paste into the Resource URL field.
To find the Client ID and Client Secret, you will need to head to Microsoft Azure, https://portal.azure.com/, and login using your Microsoft credentials.
Here you will need to create a New Application Registration (this will give you the Client ID) and add a new API Key (which will give you the Client Secret).
Once you have completed the fields within the Purple Portal, click Verify, then Save.
Your Purple and Dynamics accounts are now linked!
The Microsoft Dynamics integration is now live within the Purple platform and ready for customers to use.
Not a Purple customer and want to know more about how you can deliver ROI from your WiFi network? Sign up for a free SMB license or get in touch.
Please note, this is a brief overview of set-up instructions*, for further details, please contact Support.
*Instructions are subject to change.