1) What is your very first memory?
Throwing an almighty tantrum at my own birthday party because I didn’t win pass the parcel.
2) What were you doing before you joined Purple WiFi?
I spent eight years as Director of Technology at a digital agency working with cool and fun clients like Molson Coors, the Premier League and Bravissimo.
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Starfighter pilot. I still want to be one when I grow up.
4) Do you have a nickname?
I’ve had plenty, but none I’ll be sharing with the internet…
5) Describe your role at Purple in one sentence
Turning the ideas and doodles into functional, secure and scalable products.
6) What do you like about working here?
The people, the atmosphere, and the daily technical challenges. It’s good fun to be constantly pushing the envelope, especially alongside some of the most talented people I’ve worked with.
7) What’s your best achievement so far at Purple? (what are you proud of?)
Every time I look back and realise how far we’ve come, and how fast. Today always seems to dwarf yesterday.
8) How would your co-workers describe you?
I asked some co-workers, they said I had brown hair.
9) Who has made you laugh today?
One of our junior developers accused the entire team of making a mistake, then realised the problem was his own file after starting a witch-hunt. But I probably shouldn’t name names.
10) What quality do you most admire in others?
Having the persistence and drive to push through problems and make something happen.
11) Which person has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
I try to take a little from everybody I meet, but I think my mum’s positivity, resilience and determination in the face of whatever has had a huge influence on my own outlook.
12) What’s your biggest regret?
I don’t believe in regrets.
13) What do you like to do in your spare time?
What’s spare time?? I love a good film, book or video game. And having a beer or two with a good curry.
14) What is your favourite film?
Maybe Clerks? Or Office Space.
15) What makes you happy?
Arriving home from work to my wife and sons.
16) What gift would you like to receive if money was no object?
I’ve got pretty much everything I could need. Something I could donate to a worthwhile cause.
17) Which cause are you most passionate about?
Education, especially about technology and science.
18) If you’re in trouble, who would you call?
I’m terrible at asking for help, so probably nobody…
19) If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
To stop time! I could do with at least another 24 hours in every day.
20) Finally, how would you spend a day with no access to technology?
Camping somewhere a long way from civilisation. And probably panicking about not being able to see my emails.