1) What is your very first memory?
Pretending to drive my dad’s green Ford Cortina sat in the driver’s seat outside our house when I was about 4 years old!
2) What were you doing before you joined Purple WiFi?
Account management, sales and events at a radio station… I also dressed up as Peppa Pig once!
3) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A police officer.
4) Do you have a nickname?
I’ve had several; Dale, Jimbob, Jimberly and my sisters used to call me Princess. Thankfully none of them have stuck! I prefer James.
5) Describe your role at Purple in one sentence
Exciting, challenging, varied and fast paced.
6) What do you like about working here?
I’ve been with Purple WiFi since its infancy and have seen the business grow exponentially. Being part of something that’s cutting edge and a market leader is fantastic! The camaraderie in the office keeps me laughing all day and the people we work with are genuinely interested in what Purple WiFi can bring to the table.
7) What’s your best achievement so far at Purple? (what are you proud of?)
I’m working with two multinational customers that started out as cold calls in the first 3 months of working for Purple WiFi 2 and a half years ago.
8) How would your co-workers describe you?
The techy sales guy? Either that or Big Man.
9) Who has made you laugh today?
Jamie and Dave, before I’d even sat down at my desk this morning.
10) What quality do you most admire in others?
11) Which person has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
No one person in particular, I try to be the best by learning from the best. Cheesy I know but I have had the pleasure of working with and knowing some really inspiring people.
12) What’s your biggest regret?
A bad career move in my early twenties- I didn’t do any due diligence and ended up working for a nightmare company. It lasted a month and I left when they told us all that they had no money to pay wages! I learned the hard way!
13) What do you like to do in your spare time?
We foster 3 boys… what’s spare time?
14) What is your favourite film?
15) What makes you happy?
Feeling valued. Family time and seeing hard work pay off.
16) What gift would you like to receive if money was no object?
A mortgage free house… or a second holiday home in Gran Canaria. Can I have both please?
17) Which cause are you most passionate about?
I have ran a number of ‘races’ to raise money for Lupus UK, the only national registered charity that supports people with Lupus, a presently incurable illness of the immune system. I lost a family member due to complications brought on by Lupus a few years back.
18) If you’re in trouble, who would you call?
My dad, or a friend of mine who’s a police officer… or Helen if it’s work related. Helen is the Oracle at work!
19) If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
Time travel. Imagine being able to fast forward and rewind, whenever you wanted? I’d certainly tell my mum what the winning lottery numbers are going to be 🙂
20) Finally, how would you spend a day with no access to technology?
I’d happily sit on a sun lounger in Mauritius with nothing but a book and a Hendricks & Tonic. Admittedly, I would only last a day without access to technology.