We are pleased to announce that our WiFi analytics solution is now fully integrated with MailChimp; the world’s largest email marketing automation platform. The integration will allow marketing teams to quickly and easily create new mailing lists and deliver personalized communications to customers, increasing customer satisfaction and revenue.
Through integrating with MailChimp, we are removing the need for teams to manually extract and input data across different systems, saving time and enhancing business efficiency. And with MailChimp’s automation feature, businesses can now stay in touch with their visitors every step of the way.
We’re always looking for new and innovative ways to meet the demands of the market, and in this case, the decision to provide integration with a leading mailing platform was a simple one. We want to create fluidity for our customers, making it as easy as possible for them to get the most out of the data they collect through Purple.
How will it work?
- As visitors login to the WiFi, their data will automatically be pushed into a specific mailing list in MailChimp.
- MailChimp will automatically pull through the visitors first name, last name and email address.
- Any visitors that have not accepted the terms and conditions on login will be highlighted in the system as ‘unsubscribed’ – ensuring GDPR compliance.
What are the benefits?
- Integration – businesses will benefit from a constant feed of new contacts as and when visitors authenticate onto the WiFi.
- Automation – setting up automation enables businesses to stay connected with visitors throughout their journey.
- Advanced reporting – businesses can quickly see who opens their emails, how often, and who engages with their content; enabling further personalization based on how visitors interact with the content.
- Monitor trends – see which email addresses bounce (and why) and see which visitors unsubscribe (and why). Unsubscribes will automatically be removed from future lists ensuring they’re not accidentally contacted again.
- Industry comparison – businesses can compare their campaigns against other MailChimp users in their industry; gauging the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns, relative to competitors.
Getting set up
It’s very quick and simple to get MailChimp set up. First, you’ll need a MailChimp account. If you don’t have one, they’re free to set up – head to: login.mailchimp.com/signup/. Free accounts will let you add up to 2,000 new subscribers per month and send out up to 12,000 emails – if you wish to add and/ or send more, upgrading options are available.
Once you’re up and running, head to the Purple Portal. Select Management from the left navigation panel, then select Connectors. Click Add on the MailChimp Connector.
Next, to set up the MailChimp Connector, you’ll need to complete three short sections.
- Connector name – this can be anything you want.
- API key – this can be found in MailChimp. Head to your Profile (top right), go to Extras, and click API keys. Here you can create your key. Once you have your key, copy and paste it into the Purple portal.
- List id – again, this information can be found in MailChimp. Select Lists from the main navigation at the top of the screen, then create a list. Once you’ve created your list (and you’re in the list view), you’ll notice a small drop down arrow on the right hand side of your list, click this. From the drop down, click Settings, then Unique List ID. The list id can be found at the bottom of the page. Copy and paste this into the Purple Portal.
The MailChimp Connector can be configured at both company and venue level and is now live on the Purple Portal, ready for customers to use.
Not yet a Purple customer? No problem, sign up to a trial of our Enhanced Licence today to see how Purple and MailChimp can transform your marketing and customer engagement.